Nielsen Norman Design Awards
While we at Intranetizen have occasionally been critical of the way they apply findings from a small sample of winners to declare them trends across the industry, there’s no doubt the winners of the Neilsen Norman Intranet Design Annual are best-in-class intranets.
They recognise innovation in intranet design and usability, based on detailed expert review.
The Design Annual doesn’t have categories. In the annual itself all ten winners will be showcased, with their innovative features described in detail.
Entries open in May, and close in June. Details of how to enter are available here. As ever, it’s free to enter, but you’ll need to set aside time to put together a detailed application for their eagle-eyed usability experts.
The organizations with the 10 best-designed intranets for 2015 are:
- Accolade (The Netherlands), a social housing office for affordable homes
- Adobe (United States), a digital marketing and media solutions company
- ConocoPhillips (United States), an explorer and producer of crude oil and natural gas energy
- Klick Health (Canada), a digital health agency
- Saudi Food & Drug Authority (Saudi Arabia), a government agency ensuring the safety of food and drugs, biological and chemical substances, and electronic products
- Sprint (United States), a provider of wireless telecommunications products and services
- TAURON Polska Energia (Poland), hard coal mining and generation, distribution and supply of electricity and heat; the largest distributor and supplier of electricity in Poland
- The Foschini Group (South Africa), an independent chain store retail group
- UniCredit S.p.A. (Italy), a commercial bank spanning 50 markets and operating in more than 17 European countries
- Verizon Communications (United States), a telecommunications company
Verizon Communications are now three times winners of this award.
- Global reputation
- Highly sought-after prize
- Free to enter
- Long application form and process. To win this one, you'll have to commit a lot of effort